Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A beginning.... 8-8-08

Well, I did it... Actually, let me rephrase that... WE did it. Kelli and I are officially married! We went down to Destin Fl, because her dream was to be married on the beach, so we made it happen. we both surprised our parents with plane tickets(and a ride) there, because both of us really didn't feel right if they weren't. Let me tell you this, i am SOOOOO happy right now! God allowed it to happen with less than 5 days of planning, so yea, you can call it a shotgun wedding! LOL The ceremony was beautiful with the sun setting in the distance, but it was not as beautiful as my bride walking down the beach in the most beautiful wedding dress, and looking more radiant than i can even describe! (think i am a proud husband?)

All I will say, is it was a perfect weekend, other than her mom getting stung by a jellyfish. I thank God that my dad, mom, mother and father in-law got to attend and witness it.

OK, enough about me, here is the juicy stuff!

I get back on Monday and had been getting calls ALL day. This, that, whens my boot ready, you need to order this.. etc.. and i think wow, can i go back to FL????? HAHAHA I have heard some about residency, how the kids and adults and coaches are skating, acting and performing. It all sounds like we might do pretty well at worlds this year! Some squabbling here and there should be addressed, but I'm not there, so i cant really speak my mind in all honesty. I hope everyone just keeps working as hard as they can to do put on the best performance that the US can!

Another thing that is on my mind... Typically the best/most popular indoor skaters are from the east coast, as deserved, because most of the huge indoor meets are over here(Greensboro, Roanoke, Georgia). But (imo) the most recognised Outdoor skaters are from the Midwest. There are ALOT of races in the Midwest area, it seems like if you live around there, you get a very good cance to hit a race at least every other weekend there! I think we need more races ALL around the country indoor and outdoor.. Inline planet, skatelog, are all great sites to promote the races and the sport. Also, i think clinics are very good to help new skaters get started in skating, and get them introduced to some of the more elite skaters and maybe start some friendships. If you can get to a clinic or two and help a skater, learn new things, or just support a good cause, make some plans!!!

Until next time, .. Take care, and God bless!!

PS, you thought you were gonna read about that other blog, lol naw, its not worth my time...

1 comment:

gottagive110 said...

Congratulations on your wedding Jimmy!It sounds beautiful...how about sharing some wedding pics in your blog? Wishing you loads of happiness!

Anne L