Wednesday, January 6, 2010

January 6th, 2006..

A day that I will never forget. I was leaving Atlanta to head to a clinic in NJ.. I walk into my parents house that morning for a ride to the airport, and I will never forget the look on my dads face when he walked around the corner... He was crying, and put his arms out to hug me, and i didn't know why, but i extended my arms also for a reason that was unknown. As soon as we embraced, I cant ever forget the words he told me, "Jeff was in an accident this morning and was killed"... I dropped what i had in my hands, (shocks to my suburban) and lost it. He was my mentor. He was one of my best friends. He taught me what i do. Next to my Father, he was one of the best men that i will ever know. I went to NJ and made it about halfway through the clinic and practice. After that, i was like a lost little puppy, I didn't know what to do. Finally, I caught a earlier flight back to Atlanta, and had one of the longest weeks of my life.



He lit the room up when he walked in, He was always smiling, and very, very rarely did he ever show his anger. He worked from not knowing anything about prosthetics, to basically running SPS. He could build orthopedics, prosthetics, and learned how, with me by his side, to build speedskating boots. I could write all day about what he could do, what he was, and just plain how cool he was. Jeff is the reason why Pinnacle is even alive today. Without him, who knows what I would be doing, where I would be. I don't think there is anything he wouldn't try to do..


I have so much more, but really.. I cant write any more...

Jeff Green, I thank you for everything. I thank you for teaching me, for the laughs, for the ability to have a carrier that I love. I miss you.. RIP man... Ill see ya again someday....


God Bless, hug a loved one.. please..

No comments: