Saturday, February 21, 2009

Roanoke, skating, disease, and more!

Roanoke, as said by many others, the biggest meet of the year, yep, 430-450ish entries, lots of parents, lots of kids, and even more skaters!! Once we got back home, i thought that it would take me about a day to catch up, sleep, brain, you know, just to get my marbles back. Boy was I wrong! It seems like every year after Roanoke, people get sick, it might be the amount of people in there, it might be the dust that the fans draw in from outside, whatever it it, its NOT fun. I have heard of quite a bit of people that have come down with something this year from VA, I hope that everyone is getting over it and back to skating by now!

The Races...

Could there have been closer, more exciting races? I dunno, but I know there was ALOT of them!!! IT seemed like every division was close this year, from the young kids, all the way up to the "older" divisions. Some of the races were SO exciting to watch, awesome effort by the skater in first all the way to 6-7th place. I was going to throw some names up her that impressed me, but there were so many, it would take me all day, so I will just say this, EVERYONE skated GREAT this year!!!

The Products...

Yea, I'm talking wheels.. I skated on Hypers and loved them. I saw alot of people skating on atoms, they liked them it seemed also. I did hear from some people that the Hypers felt faster, but the atoms were holding the floor a little more. I dunno, but i think that there is a reason that Hypers sold out the first day!!! I'm glad that wheels are back on track, the past year has been a hit and miss, so I'm excited that wheels are not going to hold us back any more!

The Location...

VA, the middle of the east coast, a great place to hold a meet, and it shows! The rink and its owners were more than hospitable, parking was cramped, sitting was cramped, but hey, you cant push out the walls, you get what you have!! The floor was pretty good, except the dust that is a problem every year, the floor held good when it was clean.

Overall, Mary, you did it great again this year! Next is Wichita, then Lawrenceville,GA (another big one you DONT want to miss), and then the 4 races over Easter. Regionals is coming up fast, keep your head straight, and you mind focused for the end of the year!!

I will say this, because this is me, and what i believe, God bless, and may he keep everyone safe!

No comments: